Thursday, September 8, 2011

Recipe: Lemon Cookies

I love lemon. It's so light and fresh. Even in cleaning products. Mmm. But maybe I shouldn't be mentioning cleaning products. I'm leaning more in the direction of lemony edible goodness.

I found this recipe last week as I searched for a simple cookie recipe to bake and take to the State Fair. It's not that I don't like fair food, but holy moly, it gets spendy. This was a nice, light treat to have in the stroller for the fam as we put the miles on walking through the fair grounds.

Here's what you need:

3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1/4 cups lemon juice
1 lemon, zested*
1/2 tsp vanilla



*For zested lemon: Wash a lemon. Using a zester or fine grater, grate the peel of the lemon. For this recipe, use the peel of the entire lemon.

Whisk together flour, soda, and salt. In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creaming (about 5 mins). Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. For even more lemon flavor, cut the lemon and squeeze the juice into the cookie dough. Gently mix in flour mixture.

Chill dough for about 30 minutes. Scoop onto a cookie sheet using a spoon or small cookie scoop. Sprinkle white sugar over the top of each cookie. Bake at 350 until edges brown, about 9-10 minutes.

Enjoy!

perfect with a cup of coffee

Tomorrow I'll have pics from our trip to the Minnesota State Fair!

2 comments:

  1. Those cookies sound wonderful! Aaron and I both really love all things lemon. Grandma J. said my Grandma Anderson's favorite flavor was lemon, so it must be in the genes. ;~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, I LOVE lemon anything too! I'm going to try these right away since I happen to have lemons in the fridge at the moment! =) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you so much for sharing yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...