Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cupcakes!

So it turns out that 18 dozen cupcakes is a lot of cupcakes! Who knew? I baked and baked the second half of last week and ended up with 7 varieties of the little cakes for a women's event at our church on Saturday morning.


Vanilla cake with almond frosting.


Vanilla cake & real raspberries with raspberry frosting.


Dark chocolate cake with mint frosting.


Devil's food cake with chocolate frosting & mini Oreos.


Dark chocolate cake with vanilla frosting & festive gum drops.


I had so much fun with the colors.


And with the sprinkles.


(Check out this cupcake post for frosting tips & recipes.)

Little labels like this one printed on cardstock helped clear up any flavor confusion for event guests. (This was another flavor that I didn't capture in a picture. They were all chocolate with mocha frosting and brown & white sprinkles. Probably my favorite flavor.)

I displayed the cupcakes on a decorated table near the coffee bar. A string of silver star garland and bowls of silver Hershey kisses made it feel quite dressed up.


Someone asked me yesterday if I'll be making cupcakes again any time soon. My answer was yes, but probably not 18 dozen. When I took on the challenge, I had no idea how I would do it exactly, but I thought I could figure it out. I was so glad that the ladies heading up the event at the church trusted that I could actually produce something decent, and for the women who so sweetly washed all my dishes! And for Pete who ran to the store when I ran out of flavoring and powdered sugar. And for the girls who played with Ella for hours on Friday night while I was decorating and Saturday morning during the event. Goodness, what a team! It was a ton of fun, honestly, and it really is a great feeling knowing that I made over 210 cupcakes. Yay.

So...what's next??

2 comments:

We love comments! Thank you so much for sharing yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...