Thursday, March 3, 2011

Craft: Quick Little Bag

I'm sad to say that I will no longer be spending my Fridays with Owen & Caleb. This week the boys moved with their big sister, Sophia, and mom & dad all the way out to Colorado. We're super excited for their family and all the adventures coming up. Owen & Caleb's dad will be the new head pastor at a Vineyard Church out there. Ella & I pretended like we didn't actually have to say goodbye since we'll be visiting them at the end of August! That made the farewell so much easier. We wish the Folman family the very best in Colorado!

As I was recently going through some of my files, I found these pictures of Caleb working on a little bag for his sister a few months ago. He did amazing work! (And was quite serious about the entire process.)


We used a small piece of fabric from my stash for the entire bag.


You can see in this picture that Caleb wanted to try out as many different kinds of stitches as possible. It's how we ended up decorating the flap.


Ta da!


We finished the project by wrapping it in a little goodie bag tied with a ribbon. I think Sophia liked it!


Simple simple. We had a great time sewing together, and it was a lovely way to fill the afternoon while the wee ones napped.

Nice work, Caleb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you so much for sharing yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...