Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Farewell to 2013


Happy New Year's Eve! I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating, however you like to celebrate it best. I've rung in the new year so many different ways. When I was in junior high, I would spend it babysitting my cousins. In high school, we were usually at someone's house watching movies or snowshoeing. To ring in 2000, the big Y2K year, I was attending a wedding at midnight! I've spent many years quietly journaling alone, which I completely enjoy. This year I'm beyond excited to get to celebrate it with my man not at the hospital. The first two years of Pete's residency, I went to be with him at the hospital while he was on call. (perk: he got to deliver the New Year's babies!) Last year we almost got to be together, but he was called in for an emergency 20 minutes before midnight. Twenty minutes! So close!


This year, there will be no call. We thought there would be no babysitter, but my amazing sister offered to throw a little New Year's slumber party for her kids and ours, so Pete and I actually get to celebrate in style! I am so excited. Yesterday I bought new make up and tried a few new styles on my hair. Today I had my nails done and bought false lashes. Yes, it's that serious, people. At midnight I plan to be locking lips with my man in a crowded martini bar downtown. It's going to be like the movies. And even if it's not, it will be perfect because I'll be with the handsomest guy ever as 2014 rings in. I can't think of any place I'd rather be.



A few days ago, I discovered Flipagram, a fun app for creating slideshows. The slideshow for the first half of the year was my first project, which is why it is in a backward order and has no music. Sorry. I would go back and make it again, but I'm going to spend the time cuddling on the couch with my Ella instead while dreaming of the year to come.

Farewell, 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you so much for sharing yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...