Friday, July 24, 2009

First Bottle

Ella had her first bottle today! She did very well taking the bottle from Pete. She was four weeks old as of yesterday, so we thought it would be a good time to try it. Of course, we fully recognize what this means... We can have a babysitter! I think it will make other outings a bit easier as well. And yes, she drank that bottle just like Daddy drinks: incredibly fast.

I experienced "a Mom moment" for the first time last night. After Pete got home from the hospital, I headed out to run some errands. Ella stayed home. While I was at Target, I saw another young woman who had a baby carrier in her cart. As she passed me, I turned to look at her baby who looked to be about the same age as Ella. Immediately, I missed my little girl. I wanted to skip the rest of my shopping and drive straight home. I had heard of this happening to other moms, but it was a first for me. Not that it will prevent me from running errands on my own in the future (I'm sure there will come a time when I will appreciate those solo shopping trips), but for now I'm taking my wee one along. This afternoon's destination: the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you so much for sharing yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...